Friday, 22 March 2013

DIY Cadbury Creme Eggs


One of my ultimate favourite treats at Easter is Cadbury Creme Eggs. They bring back so many yummy memories from my childhood. So with Easter only just around the corner, I decided it was time to do something Eastery and by making my own Cadbury Creme Eggs I not only did an Easter activity with my kiddos but also fulfilled a pregnancy craving all at the same time.

I headed over to a site called Raising 4 Princesses for the recipe and tweaked it a bit. Here is my new and improved version of the recipe.

I was surprised by how easy and kid friendly this activity was.

First we mixed the ingredients all together. It was a pretty small amount for my big mixer, I think next time I would just use my hand held mixer.

Then dyed some of it with yellow food coluring.
Avalanches favourite part was flattening out the white "pancakes" and putting the balls of yellow in the middle.

The consistency of the dough is like play dough so it was very easy to roll into balls.













Avalanche and Cyclone both got their own little piece of dough to "roll" out. But it ened up that they spend a half hour playing with their pieces and were quite content to do that while I finished the eggs.  Avalanche even made a snake out hers. Their favourite part was eating their dough at the end.










Over all it was a easy, fun activity but the eggs were not as yummy as the real ones. Don't worry Cadbury you haven't lost me as a customer. The DIY ones were very sweet so make sure you make them small.

No comments:

Post a Comment