Friday, 8 March 2013

Crazy Easy DIY Play Dough

 
 
 
 
Daddy has been working some late nights lately so needless to say, we have been getting creative with how to pass our times in the evenings. Last night we went down to bike around the cows in the barn. Tonight we opted to stay in. So off I trudged to Pinterest  and came across this recipe. Avalanche loves to bake anything so this was a huge hit. I was surprised how easy and mess free it was to make. The greatest thing is that they have been playing with it non-stop for the past hour.
 
 
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/4 cup salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1tsp. baby oil (optional)

*food colouring (I used 4-5 drops)
  1. Dump all the ingredients into your pot and stir it all together until it is smooth and gooey.
  2. Cook it on medium heat, stirring constantly until it forms a ball.
  3. Set out on wax paper and start to kneed it as soon as you can stand to touch it.
 
* I think you are supposed to add the food colouring in the pot but I wanted four different colours. I divided my play dough into four balls and dropped 4-5 drops food colouring unto each ball and kneaded it into the ball for my different colours. I ended up with very colourful hands for a while but it was worth it. I also added a tsp. of vanilla food colouring for a nice smell. :)
Cyclone likes to put the play implements in his nose and mouth more than he actually plays with them in the play dough.
Avalanche's new favourite trick is to make snakes.
Cyclone with his dirty chocolate face.

No comments:

Post a Comment